Tuesday, December 5, 2006

The Need for Nurturing

I took my son today to get his wisdom teeth taken out by an oral surgeon. We left the dental office with a list of instructions for the next 24 hours. Gauze packing, pain pills, ice packet, etc., are just a few of the things I was charged with for the day to help my 23 year-old get back on his feet. There is a large amount of nurturing and care-giving when someone is sick. I think that young children need that type of nurturing for regular development and growth. I am in the process of gathering developmental guidelines for infants and toddlers. It reads like the list of things I got from the surgeon today. Perhaps more emotional and cognitive than physical, but none the less very critical. We all need a list for early childhood to keep every child in check!

No comments:

Post a Comment