- Forming letters of the alphabet with wet sand or dough
- Allowing children to create parts of stories using sand and props
- Having children use a scoop to find sponge letters floating in water
- Using a magnet wand to find magnetic letters hidden in sand
- Using dough to create another ending for a story
- Using sand on a cookie sheet or tray to form alphabet letters with your finger
The list was quite extensive and included many activities for use in the sensory table or center. These types of workshops serve as a reminder about how critical it is to engage children and keep learning exciting.